Kid’s Class: Create an Herb Garden with Seeds & Seedlings
March 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Kid’s Class: Create an Herb Garden with Seeds and Seedlings
Saturday, March 19th, 10 – 11:30 am
Cost $20 which includes all materials, seed, seedlings, and instructions
Let 2022 be the year that your kids and grandkids learn to cultivate an Herb Garden with seeds and seedlings. Because herb seeds are so small, it is sometimes difficult to get them to germinate and thrive. Also, herb seeds take longer to germinate than vegetable seeds, so it’s important to know how to and how much water is needed for them to sprout. In this kid’s class, they will be able to create a beginning herb garden by learning to plant seeds and transplant seedlings.
What will kids learn in this class?
- How to grow plants from seed (even tiny herb ones)
- What the seeds will look like after they germinate
- How to transplant seedlings into soil
- Watering methods – how often – how much
- Temperatures for germination
- Different types of herbs and how to use them
- Culinary versus healing herbs