Sold Out – How to Grow Mushrooms with Anna Dellapenta
October 24 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
This Class is Sold Out…so check out our other classes this Fall. If you have questions, send an email to email@example.com.
How to Grow Mushrooms with Anna Dellapenta
Saturday, October 24, 2020, 10-11:30 am
Cost $35, which includes education, instruction and an inoculated mushroom log to take home
Have you always wanted to grow mushrooms, but weren’t sure where to start??? This ‘How to Grow Mushrooms” Class will give you all of the information you need to begin your fungi journey. Anna Dellapenta will share her love of growing delicious mushrooms with you, so that you can jump start your new hobby with valuable information to make it all worthwhile. She will cover the following topics:
- Lifecycle of mushrooms
- Ecological role of the mushroom and why it’s important
- Log cultivation with focus on wide ranging oyster and shiitake species
- Additional resources for growing your knowledge base and sourcing supplies
What will you learn and take home?
- The type of wood that mushrooms thrive on
- How to inoculate small logs with mushrooms plugs
- The process of growing and cultivating mushrooms on logs
- Take Home – one inoculated log with a wide ranging oyster mushroom to cultivate
Anna Dellapenta is a Wildlife Diversity Aquatic Biologist for the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. She loves all things involving wildlife and nature! Her love of mushrooms is a hobby gone wild and she enjoys teaching others about our fungi friends.
Anna received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Fisheries Science from Virginia Tech. Her specialty at work is freshwater mussel propagation. She has produced and reintroduced some of the most endangered mussel species in the country.
She fell in love with mushrooms while doing fieldwork for her degree. She started with foraging for wild mushrooms, moved on to indoor cultivation and eventually started using logs for outdoor cultivation because it’s much easier. Although not formally trained in growing fungi, mushrooms have been Anna’s passion for over 10 years.