August 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Are you new to homeschooling? Do you feel somewhat disorganized and overwhelmed with all the information you have to keep up with WHILE homeschooling your kids? Need positive resources to help you overcome that internal fear of “I’m not good enough or smart enough to homeschool my kids”?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, then HOMESCHOOL 101 is for you!
Thursday, August 25th, 10 am – 12 pm
Cost $25 (which includes child care during the class)
What will Homeschool 101 provide you?
• Examples of how to organize everything for each child you are homeschooling in an easy-to-use binder. Keep in mind that one size does not fit all families.
• Brainstorming ideas on storage solutions that have worked for other homeschool moms to keep up with all the curriculum and learning materials.
• The forms and requirements of the State of Tennessee that you must fulfill to homeschool your children
• Categories of Homeschooling Curriculum and how to know which one is best for your child
• What types of enrichment programs are available to help you homeschool your child?
and so much more!
About your instructor: Holly Kinslow
The philosophy of childhood/parenting, I have embraced, is one of Raising Up Children. Throughout my journey, I have gained an understanding of what environments are best for children, how to meet their needs, and the importance of the family and community to which they are entrusted.
I have a Bachelor’s degree in education and have worked with the State of Tennessee in a training capacity. Also, I have been a program director and started my own preschool; both experiences have given me a thorough understanding of our State’s requirements for children. However, my best experience was raising my own two children over the past 30 years and watching them grow into responsible citizens with great respect for their faith, education, and our community.
In my endeavor, to Raise Up Children, I have partnered with Stoney Creek Farm owners, Olin and Leigh Funderburk, and Cori Williams, Stoney Creek’s Children’s Director. It is our intention, to include children in “getting back to Nature,” but also to walk along beside parents, as they share our vision, to Raise Up Children.
We have our Nature Explorers program, which includes preschool as well as homeschoolers. I will also be conducting training on a variety of topics covering all things children!