Nature Explorers Preschool and Homeschool Enrichment Program
January 4 @ 9:00 am - May 12 @ 1:00 pm
What is the Stoney Creek Nature Explorers Program?
Stoney Creek Nature Explorers Preschool and Homeschool Enrichment is an all-outdoor nature immersed, curiosity-driven, child-centered, emergent program. Stoney Creek Farm is a homestead on a 15-acre property. The property has a wide variety of wooded areas, farm animals, a greenhouse, a creek, a bridge, and a large, covered area with child-sized tables and child-safe heaters for inclement and cold weather.
Children Thrive in Nature
It is our belief and research has proven that children thrive in all areas of development when given the opportunity to explore freely in nature under guidance and supervision. The skills, social engagement, love of learning, and confidence they gain during these crucial brain-building years, will serve your kids well for a lifetime. When your children are exposed to nature early,
they will appreciate and learn to take care of the land and it’s intricate systems.
Nature immersion curriculum bathes all senses of children. Your child will be exposed to a wide variety of learning possibilities that are unique to them. These skills and mental well-being boosters are hard-wired into the brain at this crucial time and will set the foundation for them to be well-adjusted, lifelong learners.
Activities at Stoney Creek Nature Explorers and Homeschool Enrichment
At Stoney Creek Nature Explorers, your child(ren) will:
- Explore – wooded areas, meadows, and creek
- Discover Native Wildlife – including mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and insects
- Identify Trees – characteristics and benefits
- Categorize Plants –common versus rare (example: dandelion versus trillium flowers) and beneficial versus harmful (example: mint versus poison ivy)
- Forage – learn about wild edibles
- Birdwatch – Using our bird blind we will study bird behaviors and identify bird songs
- Record Discoveries – in our nature notebooks through drawings and writing
- Body/Space Awareness – climb trees, make risk assessments, and jump rocks
- Garden – children will create and maintain a garden
- Create Art – using natural materials
- Build forts, swing in hammocks, and bake bread in an outdoor oven (fire safety)
- Make Farm Friends – Get to know our chickens and goats; collect eggs and use goat milk to make soap
- …and SO MUCH MORE
To download our flyer with pricing and calendar information, click HERE.
Please contact us with any questions you may have on either program at email@example.com or call/text 615-591-0015.
To register your child(ren) use the links below for either Nature Explorers Preschool or Homeschool Enrichment for the 2022-2023 year.
Due to a late start in our registration this year, we are gathering an interest list for a future date to enroll in Preschool January 2023. If you have interest in our Preschool Program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if you are interested in our 2-day (Tues/Thurs) day preschool for your 3-5-year-old child and we will provide you with a tour and meeting with at least one of the teachers. If you have already been to visit the farm and want to enroll your child in the Preschool for January, just use the link below to register.
Registration Form – Nature Exporers Preschool Tuesday/Thursday
Registration Form – FRIDAY Home School Enrichment Day
Registration Form – MONDAY Home School Enrichment Day (1st and 3rd Mondays)
Monday Homeschool Enrichment has a one-hour class and then one-hour of free-play on the farm. Great networking event for homeschool moms and dads!
9 am – 11 am register on the link below:
1 pm – 3 pm register on the link below:
If you have questions or need more information, please call/text 615-591-0015 or email email@example.com